Sustainability Management System
Based on our understanding that a company's management activities start from the stakeholders, we continuously communicate with our stakeholders to listen to their opinions. POSCO classifies stakeholders into six categories - society, partners, shareholders/investors, customers, employees, and environment - and seeks ways to be loved by all of them.
Stakeholder Interview Aside from the stakeholder communication channels, we listen to various stakeholder opinions prior to publishing the Report from socially responsible investors, NGOs, sustainability evaluation institutions and scholars, and reflect them in our Report.
*For more details please refer to the Stakeholder Interview section (page 31)
Stakeholder Communication Since 2011, POSCO has been inviting opinion leaders in the environment sector to hold stakeholder talks with them. At these talks POSCO/s executives participate to listen to the valuable opinions of the stakeholders. Through the discussions with stakeholders in the environment sector, we can listen to their opinions on POSCO's role in relation to environmental issues and the ways the issues can be addressed. The participating stakeholders get a chance to better understand POSCO.
POSCO's Policles on Stakeholders
- Charter of Firm of Endearment
- POSCO has achieved remarkable success and growth to become a global leader with outstanding competitiveness and strength. Moving beyond a great company, POSCO is now well-poised to make a second big leap toward a firm of endearment that contributes to sustainable growth of the society and welfare of humanity through its unique philosophy and value. At the same time, we shall pursue a balanced value between business, people, society, and environment in order to become a firm that is truly loved by all stakeholders.
Society :Serve as a responsible corporate citizen for social development
- Develop the local community and fulfill social responsibilities to contribute to the society.
- Take a leading role in bringing forth a just society in cooperation with civic groups and the government.
- Contribute to creating social value and culture as a free corporate citizen.
Partner :Attain shared growth as family
- Ensure fair trade practice through healthy communication and mutual trust.
- Foster competitiveness and growth potential of suppliers via win-win cooperation.
- Establish a virtuous circle of sustainable and inclusive growth to enhance the competitiveness of the ecosystem.
Investor :Make shareholders proud for investing in POSCO
- Built shareholders' trust through transparent management and active communication.
- Protect shareholders' interests by increasing corporate value.
- Increase shareholders' future value through continued growth.
Customer :Bring success to the customer
- Satisfy customers with customer-oriented marketing and trust-based relationship.
- Realize customer value by facilitating their competence and competitiveness.
- Advance the ecosystem of the market and accomplish sustainable growth with customers.
Employee :Practice human respect and encourage self-realization
- Foster employees’ abilities and qualities to nurture them into the best talents.
- Offer fair compensation to employees and help them strike a good work-life balance to improve their quality of life.
- Practice human respect as well as encourage employees’ growth and self-realization founded on autonomy and trust.
Environment :Create harmony between humanity and nature
- Foster sustainable environment protection and green environment through low-carbon green growth.
- Lead the greening of industry through raising energy efficiency and developing clean technology.
- Develop new materials and energy sources to improve the ecosystem and promote more eco-friendly lifestyle and culture.