1. Creation of Customer Value and Building Trust
¨ç Realization of Customer Satisfaction
- - We will perform customer-oriented work where the voice of customers is heard and respected.
- - We will actively accommodate customer's legitimate demand and reasonable suggestions.
¨è Creation of Customer Value
- - We will satisfy customer's needs by providing the best products through continuous technology development.
- - Executives and employees will try to understand the domestic and overseas market situation and develop service mind
that respects customers' culture and practices.
¨é Obtaining Customer Trust
- - We will pay due attention to the safety and health issue of the customers in our management activities, and not provide
any product or service that might threaten customer's safety and health.
- - We will protect customer information and comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- - We will provide accurate information to customers on a timely basis.
2. Duty of Good Faith and Fair Dealings Toward Investors
¨ç Pursuit of Increased Shareholder Value
- - We will make profits through transparent decision making and efficient management, and increase corporate and shareholder
value at the same time.
¨è Impartial Provision of Investment Information
- - We will not provide information that might affect the decision making of investors to only certain investors,
nor provide partial information.
- - We will not directly trade stocks or securities nor recommend trading to others using insider information obtained
while working for the company.
¨é Transparent Calculation and Provision of Financial Information.
- - We will process all financial information based on accurate transactions records implementing appropriate
process and control.
- - We will prepare financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards.
- - We will provide sufficient and accurate information regarding management of the company to investors so that investors
may freely make investment decisions at its own responsibility.
3. Employees and Executives'Work Life Balance
¨ç Pursuit of Work Life Balance
- - We will try to improve the quality of life of the executives and employees by providing benefits helpful
for maintaining stable life.
- - We will support executives and employees to achieve their individual visions, and allow them flexibility in terms of the time,
places and methods in performing the work.
¨è Provision of Opportunity for Education and Growth.
- - We will organize work environment and systems where creativity can be enhanced.
- - We will support executives'and employee's education and participation in development programs such that they can
fully develop their potentials.
¨é Fair Evaluation and Compensation
- - We will make impartial and systematic evaluation system of the executives and employees based on their individual
competency and performance and provide appropriate compensation therefor.
¨ê Creation of Healthy Organizational Culture
- - Executives and employees will work for open corporate culture through open communication.
- - Executives and employees will remove barriers between departments and pursue cooperative atmosphere.
4. Building Win-Win Relations with Business Partners
¨ç Building Mutual Trust
- - We will pursue fair dealings with our business partners on equal footing and based on mutual respect.
- - We will strictly protect information received from transactions with business partners in accordance
with the terms of the relevant contract and the relevant laws.
- - We will support business partners to comply with anti-competition related laws and regulations.
¨è Pursuing Mutual Growth with Business Partners
- - We will pursue mutual benefits by sharing fruitful outcome with business partners.
- - We will cooperate and communicate openly with business partners such that business partners may provide high quality
products and services.
- - We will provide fair opportunities and reasonable transaction terms to business partners so that they could grow as
our long term business partner.
¨é Support for Continuing Development of Business Partners
- - We will endeavor to build a stable supply chain by providing technical and financial supports to business partners.
- - We will endeavor to expand the potential pool of business partners that can grow with us in harmonious
development of overall corporate eco-system.
5. Protection of Environment and Preservation of Eco-system
¨ç Implementation of Environmental Management System
- - We will effectively implement environmental management system, evaluate impacts and risk of business activities on
environment and analyze and manage the results of environmental management.
- - We will share benefits and issues with various interested parties, and jointly carry out environmental protection activities.
- - We will convince business partners to believe that protection of environment is fundamental social responsibility
of a company, and support business partners to comply with laws and regulations related to environmental protection.
- - We will support business partners to manufacture products and provide services while protecting the public health and
minimizing adverse effects on the environment and the natural resources of the community.
¨è Complying with Environmental Laws and Improvement on Environmental Impacts
- - We will endeavor to comply with environmental laws and to improve impacts on the environment in the overall process
of developing, producing and using products.
- - We will minimize discharge of pollutants by introducing environment-friendly manufacturing process and applying technologies
optimized for prevention of pollution.
¨é Dealing with Climate Changes
- - We will endeavor to reduce consumption of fossil fuels or materials, and to minimize discharge of greenhouse gas
by improving energy efficiency.
- - We will enhance competitiveness by developing innovative low-carbon technology.
¨ê Protection of Environment and Eco-system
- - We will endeavor to restore the eco-system and preserve biological diversity through effective use of
natural resources and by-products.
6. Contribution to the Country and Society
¨ç Roles and Attitude as a Corporate Citizen
- - We will respect the laws and the regulations of the local laws and regulations as well as local culture and tradition, and
endeavor for mutual development with the country and society.
- - We will encourage participation of and endeavor to communicate with interested parties in performing management activities
that may affect country and society.
- - We will encourage business partners to participate in activities for the development of the country and the society.
¨è Contribution to the Development of the Country and the Society
- - We will discharge our obligations in the community by creating and maintaining stable jobs and paying taxes in time.
- - We will actively participate in social service activities, such as volunteer works and disaster relief work, and initiate
non profit activities in various fields including culture, arts, sports and education.
- - We will provide support for residents'effort to improve quality of their lives and pursuit of happy life.
7. Protection of and Respect for Human Rights
¨ç Respect for International Standards Regarding Human Rights
- - We will support and respect internationally recognized standards on human rights, such as Universal Declaration
of Human Rights, Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, UN Global Compact, and OECD Guidelines
for Multinational Enterprises.
- - We will establish clear policy and system for protection of human rights and endeavor not to violate human rights
in our management activities.
- - We will support business partners to comply with internationally recognized human rights standards and regulations,
protect their employees'human rights and treat them fairly.
¨è Due diligence in Relation to Human Rights
- - We may, at our discretion, conduct due diligence on management activities that might violate human rights
or cause complaints.
- - We will endeavor to find reasonable resolutions if, upon conclusion of the human rights due diligence, we believe
our management activities have violated human rights or caused complaints.
- - We will communicate with the relevant interested parties regarding human rights related activities and results thereof.
¨é Protection of Executives and Employees
- - We will not engage in verbal, physical or demonstrative acts that may offend others or infringes other's human rights
such as sexual harassment.
- - We will respect privacy of executives and employees, will not slander or defame others, and will protect personal information.
- - We will not compel works through mental or physical coercion.
- - We will comply with local labor laws and international standards with respect to the age and labor conditions of minors.
- - We will strictly comply with safety regulations, and will take appropriate actions upon discovery of risk factors.
¨ê Respect and Equality
- - We will not discriminate or harass for reasons of race, nationality, gender, age, educational background, religion,
regional origin, disability, marital status, and sexual orientation.
- - We will provide equal employment opportunity to those who possess necessary qualification and capability.
- - We will maintain work environment that respects cultural diversity.
¨ë Assurance for Legitimate and Humane Employment Terms
- - We will take prompt actions for human rights issues raised by executives and employees through the company
- - We will offer adequate employment terms such as guaranteeing proper working hours to enable the employees
to maintain life with dignity.
¨ì Efforts to Respect Community Human Rights
- - We will endeavor to listen to the opinions of the community and resolve issues of violation of human rights caused
by our management activities in the community.
8. Practice of Ethics and Compliance with Law
¨ç Money and Other Valuables
- - Money and other valuables mean money (e.g. cash, gift certificates, and memberships) and things that can bring economic
- - No one should demand or receive any money and other valuables from any interested parties1 for whatever reason,
except for a gift marked with a logo of the interested parties, or a gift generally provided to the participants in an event
held by the interested parties.
- - If money and other valuables were received unknowingly or involuntarily, such money and valuables should be returned,
or if not returnable, should be reported to the compliance department.
- - Entertainment means a variety of activities carried out for the purpose of business networking and business meetings
including meals, drinks, golf, shows and games.
- - Entertainment exceeding customary level should not be provided nor received. In the event that entertainment exceeding customary level
was received or provided unavoidably, such activity should be reported to the compliance department.
Nonetheless, entertainment at a venue where adult ntertainment is offered is prohibited.
- - Provision of entertainment exceeding customary level at the expense of the company or participation in the event
where entertainment exceeding customary level is included will require prior approval of the head of the department.
- - Convenience means provision or receipt of benefits such as transportation, accommodation, sight-seeing and support for
- - Provision or receipt of convenience exceeding customary level whether transportation or accommodation is prohibited,
except for the convenience generally provided to all participants in the event.
- - In the event that entertainment exceeding customary level was received or provided unavoidably, such activity
should be reported to the compliance department.
¨ê Congratulatory or Condolatory Money
- - Employee should not notify his or his co-worker's congratulatory or condolatory event to interested parties.
Notification through a third party will be deemed notification by the employee himself/herself.
- - Information on congratulatory or condolatory event should be provided through the congratulatory/condolatory bulletin board,
and use of work e-mail or sending out a written notice (wedding invitation or obituary notice) for such purpose is prohibited.
The permitted scope of the relatives for the purpose of notification of congratulatory or condolatory event is limited
to the employees or their spouses' grandparents, parents and children.
- - The congratulatory or condolatory2 money to be provided to the employees shall not exceed KRW 50,000,
which is considered customary level in the Korean society.
- - In no event employees may receive any congratulatory or condolatory money from an interested party. In the event that
any congratulatory or condolatory money was received unavoidably, the money should be returned to the provider
or forwarded to the compliance department
- - Upon the request of the compliance department, employees and executives should submit a record relating to the
congratulatory or condolatory money received from and returned to the interested party.
- - One should not receive congratulatory or condolatory wreath from the interested party. In the event that the wreath was
received unavoidably, it should not be displayed.
- - Executives and employees will not throw an extravagant wedding at an expensive venue such as a five star hotel.
¨ë Request of Special Consideration for Job Related Matters
- - One should not have his internal or external friends/acquaintances make special request for his promotion, appointment,
or overseas working opportunities.
- - One should not make any job related request for his relatives or friends such as hiring, promotion and assignment of work.
¨ì Pecuniary Transactions
- - One should not engage in pecuniary transactions with an interested party such as lending or borrowing of money, providing
a guarantee, or leasing of a real estate.
- - In the event one had to enter into a pecuniary transactions with an interested party unavoidably, it should be reported to the
¨í Support for Events
- - One should not receive any support from an interested party, whether money or other valuables, in relation to any event
organized by the department or as company extracurricular activities.
- - Any form of convenience received from an interested party such as transportation, venue or services in relation to such event
will be deemed receipt of money or other valuables for the event.
- - In the event that the interested party's support to an event was received unavoidably, it should be reported to the compliance
¨î Inappropriate Use of Budget Resources
- - One should not use budget resources (such as meeting expenses and business promotion expenses) for personal purposes.
- - As a general rule, company expenditure should be paid by a corporate credit card in accordance with the purpose of
the budget and the guidelines prescribed by law.
¨ï Protection of Information and Assets
- - One should strictly protect confidential or important information of the company.
- - One should relay important information that comes to one¡¯s attention promptly to the person who needs to know
such information for performance of his job.
- - One should not fabricate information or disseminate false information.
- - One should refrain from using company supplies and facilities for purposes not directly related to work.
¨ð Compliance with Antitrust Laws
- - One should comply with relevant international and local antitrust laws and not engage in anti-competitive practices such as
collusion with competitors with respect to production, prices, bidding or market segmentation.
- - One should not demand any form of compensation or make inappropriate request to customers or business partners
using one¡¯s dominant position.
- - One should respect the rights and property of others including their intellectual property rights, and should not try to enter
into transactions or make profits by infringing upon such rights.
- - One should legitimately obtain and use other company information including competitor's information.